Friday, December 29, 2006
Whew, I'm glad this day is almost over!
I worked my butt off today (I wish) cleaning house. My mom and step dad are coming down tomorrow, basically to see the boys and give them their Christmas gifts. (Does anyone ever come to see us anymore? probably not)

I always clean like a maniac when we're having overnight company. Gives me great motivation to see just how much I can get done. I was thinking today of all those days my husband had to tell me to sit down and stop doing stuff when I was pregnant. My obsession with cleaning and organizing was so crazy before I became a mother. I've relaxed my everyday standards soooo much, and I like it. It's nice to feel free to live comfortably in our clutter and dirt when we want to. And it's nice to have it all spic and span every now and then too. I just don't have the energy to keep up with everything all the time. These boys take it out of me! This job is NOT for sissies, I tell ya!

I got my husband to make a stop at Walmart during his lunch hour today and get all 10 things we needed on our list. It was nice to not have to make a trip to hell this week. (I actually love walmart, but it can be such a beating this time of year.) Especially when you have to remember to shut and lock all 4 doors before entering the store. haha

I've been surprised how many bloggers vacation from blogging this week. There is so much to tell this time of year... what the kids thought of Christmas, what you did, where you went, who you saw, what you ate :) We stayed home by ourselves this year. It was nice but very different and unchristmasy if you ask me. I think from now on we need to be with family so it feels like it's supposed to. My husband was insistant we stay home since we traveled for Thanksgiving, so I compromised like a good wife. We'd already given the boys all their presents, as we bought them. They were in need of new toys anyway, so we couldn't wait. I'm pretty sure they would have only tried to eat the packages so we skipped the whole wrapping process. Ba hum bug, eh? They got a new wagon from their uncle, which they love so much.


I'm getting a little work out pulling them around the house inside. The weather's been too crappy to take it out much.

Hope everyone has enjoyed the holidays and has a nice long weekend. Happy New Year!



3 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts--I love reading twin blogs.

Your babes are gorgeous, by the way.

Blogger Amy said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts--I love reading twin blogs.

Your babes are gorgeous, by the way.

Blogger SeaBird said...

Hello to a fellow Mom of twin boys! Love this picture of them in the Radio Flyer - we took similar pictures over Christmas as well, how funny!

Also, just caring for twin boys counts as formal exercise :) I've lost weight over the past few months, too!

SeaBird

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer