Wednesday, January 03, 2007
On the bandwagon
I don't normally make New Year's resolutions, but this year I have resolved to simply (ha!) take better care of myself. I still have about 20 pounds to lose to be at my pre-pregnancy weight. I'm not too ashamed of this considering I gained almost 60 pounds.
I know my inability to lose the last 20 pounds has to do with some poor eating habits I've created and neglecting to formally exercise. I'm sure my AGE doesn't help much either, but we won't go there. :(
All those weeks on bedrest really did a number on my body. Sometimes after sitting for awhile I get up and feel like my legs aren't going to work. My muscles are no more. This is super depressing to someone who used to take spin class 3-4 times a week and worked out with a personal trainer. I want to get back there. I'm ready to put in the hard work to make it happen.

I never felt better when I made exercise a daily priority. Our bodies need it! And it is proven that diet without it just doesn't last.
So wish me luck. I'm going to join the YMCA and get to moving! I'll keep you guys posted on my progress.

Now onto all things baby... Cooper got his Doc Band yesterday. ;And I think he looks cute in it! Daddy doesn't like it at all. But little Cooper doesn't seem too bothered with it. He slept through the night, as usual, and hasn't seemed to pay much attention to it being there. He's so laid back and cool. I love my kids.



In fact I love them enough to get in shape so I can keep up with them :)
So needless to say, I'm on the bandwagon with the rest of you. My resolution this year is to get in shape so I can wear the clothes in my closet again, and because I'm worth it!


1 Comments:

Blogger Susan Skitt said...

Your boys are adorable! Hi, I'm here via Family Blueprint :)

I know what you mean about getting back in shape. I've had two boys, ages 16 and 6 and remember the struggle to get back to the gym. I'm in a bit of a slump myself right now and can't really blame my 20 pounds on babies any more - LOL! I'm blaming it on turning 40 a year and a half ago (smile), but anyhow... I hear you. It can be so hard to find the time, especially with little ones to workout. I love to rollerblade in the warm weather, but find it's harder to stay motivated in the cold months. Outdoor activities always seem to add to a good exercise routine. I had some surgery about two months ago and finally feel up to getting back to working out. Looking forward to the energy boost, you know what I mean?

I hope and pray you will discover many hidden blessings along the way this year. God loves you!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer